The Lawrence Public Schools’ mission is to ensure educational equity and excellence so that students of all races and backgrounds achieve at high levels and graduate prepared for success in college, careers, and life in a diverse and rapidly changing world.
Our primary goal is to determine a road map for successful schooling in an effort to set high expectations and hold each other accountable for ensuring that through equitable access to rigorous, culturally relevant, and seamlessly aligned curriculum, and effective, research-based instruction, all students achieve at high levels, graduate on time, and are well prepared for their future. In order to accomplish this goal, our adherence to our school system’s current vision is critical.
You can read about how the school district defines equity here!
• Creating student-centered learning environments while leveraging technology
• Expanding social and emotional supports for students and families
• Using culturally-relevant curriculum in our classrooms
|Organizational Effectiveness and Planning: |
• Laying a foundation for efficiency and effectiveness through our strategic plan and ensuring our organization is structured with student achievement at the forefront
• Creating succession plans and standard operating procedures for each department
|Communications and Culture: |
• Building a culture of trust in our school community and community at large
• Leveraging partnerships to ensure innovation and secure valuable resources for our schools
Click here to read the letter to the community from our Superintendent, Dr. Anthony Lewis!
Liberty Memorial Central